Resident Tenant Organisaitons

The Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 introduced Registered Tenant Organisations (RTOs) to give a recognised role in the tenant participation process and to be formally recognised by their Registered Social Landlord. As an RTO you will have a legal right to be consulted on aspects of housing policy and standards of service that may affect you as a tenant.

For many people, joining a tenants and residents group provides support and encourages them to have their say.

As a member of an RTO you will work together with your neighbours to influence services in your community and help shape how Lochaber Housing Association delivers its services to its tenants.

Many groups also organise community events and benefit from improved community spirit. As a Registered Social Landlord, the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 also requires us to provide a public register giving details of RTOs within Lochaber. You can view the register here.

There are certain conditions you must meet to become an RTO, as set out by the Scottish Government. For more information and guidance about how to register, please read our Guide to Registered Tenant Organisations and Model Constitution.

Why not contact your Housing Officer today and see how we can support you?